DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT
DERMAL FILLERS LONDON
As we age, loss of volume will lead to wrinkles, fine lines, more prominent nasolabial folds. As well as thinner lips, marionette lines, and exaggerated jowls. The inevitable loss of collagen and natural degradation of the underlying bone and soft tissue leaves a hollowed, aged appearance. Thankfully, dermal fillers can tackle age-related volume loss and rejuvenate the skin. If you’re frustrated by the appearance of deeper lines and wrinkles caused by volume loss, aging, and sun damage, there’s finally a solution that can help.
This is why Dermal Fillers are a very popular and versatile anti-aging injectable treatment. The result leaves your skin smoother, contoured, and youthful. Additionally, you get instant results with no downtime!
At Nar London, Harley Street, we use hyaluronic acid-based fillers like Juvéderm® and Restylane® to augment the cheeks, reduce wrinkles, enhance lips and give patients a natural, more youthful appearance. Continue reading if you want to learn more about dermal fillers.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are gel-like made from substances such as hyaluronic acid.
dermal fillers restore volume to minimise fine lines and wrinkles while contouring the face. Please note that fillers are long-lasting but temporary solutions. Also, they are selected based on each patient’s preferences and desired outcome.
Which Dermal Filler Do I Need?
- Belotero is a soft, cohesive hyaluronic acid gel. This is a good solution for lip lines and other subtle wrinkles.
- Restylane: The broad scope of this line treats mild to moderate lines and wrinkles with results lasting from nine months to two years depending on the product and area of treatment.
- Juvederm Ultra & Ultra +: Those are hyaluronic acid fillers that are commonly used around the mouth and lips. Juvederm ultra plus has larger particles of HA for better structural hold. Each product may last up to one year.
- Juvederm Voluma is a hyaluronic acid product with a dense consistency that adds volume and structure to the cheek area. Results from treatment can last up to two years.
- Radiesse is a filler and collagen-stimulator that is made from calcium hydroxyapatite in a water-based gel. Great for getting youthful-looking skin. Results from treatment can last one year or more.
- Restylane hyaluronic acid filler family provides a range of solutions. Restylane is commonly used to smooth lines and creases around the nose and mouth. Results last approximately one year.
- Restylane Lift has a dense consistency that is great for restoring volume and contour to the midface. Results last approximately one year.
- Restylane Silk has a smooth and soft consistency that adds volume to the lips. This hyaluronic acid product may also decrease the fine lines that develop around the lips. Results from treatment can last six months or longer.
- Sculptra is a collagen stimulator that works differently than dermal fillers. Sculptra injections trigger the body’s natural healing process, which involves new collagen production. Over the course of several months, collagen continues to build, restoring volume and smoothing wrinkles. A short series of treatments is needed to obtain optimal results that last up to two years.
What do dermal fillers treat?
Such treatment can support facial rejuvenation and address cosmetic concerns such as:
- Nasolabial folds or smile lines;
- Marionette lines;
- Smoker’s lines;
- Thin lips;
- Cheek flattening or hollowing;
- Under-eye circles or tear troughs;
- Facial asymmetry or undesirable contours;
- Facial creases.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Some benefits associated with dermal fillers are:
- Smooth skin and lifted appearance
- Instantaneous results (most of the time);
- Helps fill in the hollowness in your cheek and jowls, making your face appear fuller and more youthful;
- Filling minor to moderate lines and fill in wrinkles around the eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
- The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no downtime;
- Long-lasting (6 to 18 months);
- Possible combination with an anti-wrinkle injection;
- Does not require a test prior to treatment;
- Suitable for Vegans.
Who can have dermal fillers?
Any adult man and woman in good health can have dermal fillers. Those who would like to minimize aging symptoms or improve facial contours could be good candidates for facial fillers. Even if it is a great treatment, patients should have realistic expectations on how fillers could improve their appearance.
Dermal fillers’ effects are long-lasting but temporary. Therefore, candidates should return to maintain results. Most of the dermal fillers we offer last between 6-18 months, although some may last even longer.
Are Dermal Fillers Permanent?
Dermal fillers are long-lasting, renewing the skin for up to two years. However, they do degrade over time. You can repeat dermal fillers every few months for better anti-aging results.
Will Dermal Fillers Dissolve?
Dermal fillers will break down naturally over time.
It is possible also should you wish to dissolve it before. Particularly, with Juvéderm, Restylane, or Belotero, you can have some or all of your filler dissolved. Treatment to dissolve hyaluronic acid dermal fillers involves injections of an enzyme called hyaluronidase.
Do fillers have a rejuvenating effect?
Fillers are designed to correct age-related volume loss, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face, and enhance the cheeks and the lips. Furthermore, the majority of dermal fillers boost collagen production, which can help to improve skin texture and elasticity. For many patients, this means that dermal fillers can, in fact, have a rejuvenating effect.
Post dermal filler treatment advice
After dermal fillers, please avoid:
- wearing make-up for at least 12 hours;
- Sun exposure and high temperatures until redness and swelling subsides;
- Strenuous exercise for 24 hours post-treatment;
- Alcohol for 24 hours minimum post-treatment;
- Touching the treated area.
Are There Any Side Effects to Dermal Filler Injections?
The side effects are usually mild. Transient redness, swelling, and minor bruising can occur.
How Much Cost Dermal Fillers?
We recommend discussing with our practitioner to get the best advice. At Nar London, dermal fillers start at £250
Am I Too Old For Dermal Fillers?
Many patients who are interested in dermal fillers fear that the treatment may not be effective for them. However, with the modern innovation in dermal fillers, these rejuvenating injectable treatments are incredibly successful among a wide range of patients.
In fact, we have patients in their mid-20’s through until their 70’s. Additionally, if you’re interested in improving the look and feel of your skin but are hesitant about dermal fillers do not hesitate to book a free consultation. We can work with you to develop a custom treatment plan that will help to rejuvenate your face and allow you to look and feel like your best self.
Alternative Autologous Wrinkle Fillers
Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections (PRP) is a type of autologous wrinkle filler which is extremely popular due to their holistic approach. Blood is drawn from your arm, centrifuged in a special machine, and the platelet-rich plasma is harvested and injected into your face. Some patients choose to have microneedling with PRP at the same time to help with fine lines, texture, and tone. The effects of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) injections can last more than a year. Since the blood is taken from your own body, this is a very natural and holistic approach to skin rejuvenation.
Dermal Fillers in London?
Stop the clock on aging and give yourself a rejuvenated appearance with dermal fillers. Nar London, we use fillers like Juvéderm® and Restylane® to augment the cheeks, reduce wrinkles, enhance lips and give a youthful appearance.
To learn more about dermal fillers and our other anti-aging treatment options, you can schedule a free consultation at Nar London, Harley Street.