MICRONEEDLING IN LONDON
Did you know that Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation technique that has been around for more than a hundred years?
You probably already know about the benefits of Microneedling? Maybe you already had this treatment and just want to know more? Perhaps, it is the first time you are considering having Microneedling? Then, you’ll probably want to know what to expect by having microneedling.
Here below you can learn some more about the Microneedling treatment available at Nar London, Harley Street.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) is a proven skin rejuvenation treatment. In fact, this procedure has been around for a long time, but today new devices and extensive research have improved the treatment drastically.
Basic microneedling involves a derma roller that you can perform the treatment on your skin in the comfort of your home. However, it is advisable that you work with a certified dermatologist who will explain what to expect after microneedling. As there are necessary precautions to protect your skin from infections. Moreover, you should look for the necessary guidelines on the precautions to follow before and after your treatment.
Microneedling at a clinic is of course superior to the home treatment because of the devices used and it is safer. The results are not comparable and that’s why you pay for such a treatment.
Does Microneedling Really Work?
Yes, it does. Actually, there are several studies that show that after undertaking a series of sessions, the patients had about 80% improvement in their skin. In fact, it helps in the production of collagen and elastin that are essential for skin rejuvenation. Furthermore, this technique is used to treat scars.
In fact, there are several benefits with microneedling such as:
- Improving signs of aging (wrinkles, fine lines, creases, and folds of skin)
- Treating stretch marks
- Tackling Hyperpigmentation
- Dull skin
- Acne scars
- Marks from diseases like chickenpox, measles, or any other
- Scars left behind from surgery or injuries
Ultimately, Microneedling works because it stimulates the production of collagen and elastin under the skin. During microneedling, the practitioner inflicts hundreds of micro-injuries or puncture wounds in your skin with a dedicated device. As the skin recovers from the “injuries”, it naturally creates high levels of collagen that aim to repair the skin flaws. As a result, your skin plumps up around the scars and they lighten to a point where they are scarcely noticeable. In addition, the rush of blood to the treated skin works to clear away the pigmentation and sun damage to leave it soft and glowing.
So, that is what to expect after microneedling and why it is so popular amongst women and men.
Are there any Adverse Effects with Microneedling?
First of all, the microneedling procedure done at Nar London is totally safe. Our practitioner takes careful precautions to ensure that you get the best results from the treatment. Here’s how:
- We begin by explaining what to expect after microneedling and asking you a series of questions to eliminate contraindications.
- We may check your skin carefully for active acne, minor breakouts, skin infections, open wounds, eczema, and any other issues. In case you have any of these problems, we will most likely reschedule the session until after your skin has had the time to heal completely.
- Then, the first step involves a thorough cleansing of your skin to remove every little trace of makeup or dirt (after all we live in a big city that is quite polluted).
- Secondly, our practitioner applies a numbing agent all over the skin and gives it time to work. But, before beginning the microneedling she conducts the second cleansing to clear away the solution completely. This process is essential to prevent the agent from entering the micro-punctures.
- Smaller-sized needles are used to target the more delicate areas of your skin like around the eyes.
- At the end of the session, you will note that your skin has a slight bloody appearance because of the needle pricks but that is nothing to worry about and it is part of the process.
- Finally, our practitioner will ask you to leave the serum on the skin for the rest of the day, and only wash it off in the morning using an organic cleansing agent.
- Also, do not worry as the needles will not leave behind any visible puncture marks. You can rest assured that the wounds close right away.
What To Expect After Microneedling?
When having Microneedling at our clinic, we maintain strict sterile conditions to ensure that any possibility of side effects is minimized. This said you can expect possible redness and light bruising that should settle, generally, after one or two days. Actually, this is normal as your skin may respond to slight inflammation as it produces collagen to heal the micro-injuries.
For this reason, we recommend that you get the treatment on a Friday so your skin has time to recover over the weekend or whenever you feel it is right for you. Overall, there are more benefits than downsides to having a Microneedling treatment in our opinion.
What Serums is used with Microneedling?
We typically recommend that you combine microneedling with applications of healing serums. The reason is to boost the effects and enhance the results.
In addition, you can safely combine Microneedling with other treatments such as:
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Hyaluronic acid
- Mesotherapy: Peptides & Vitamins
- Other possible serums
Is It Safe to Exercise After Microneedling?
We advise taking a little break from exercising because microneedling tends to make your skin a little sensitive to heat. Moreover, the salts present in sweat may irritate your skin and add to the discomfort. Therefore, it is advisable that you avoid workouts or any other strenuous activity for at least 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. Further, avoid going to a sauna or steam baths for the reasons stated above. Finally, try to stay out of sun exposure.
Can You Wear Makeup After Microneedling?
Given that some makeup products contain chemicals and possible infection-causing agents, we recommend avoiding wearing any for at least 48 to 72 hours. This said you can check with our practitioner for your makeup-free time frame as it also depends on the length of the needles used. Usually, it is as follows:
- Shallow pores caused by 0.2 mm needles -1 hour;
- 0.5 mm needles – 12 to 16 hours;
- 1.0 mm needles that reach the upper layer of the dermis – 24 hours;
- 1.5 mm or longer – 36 hours or more
Finally, keep in mind that individual skins can have their own recovery times. A golden rule is to wait for the redness and swelling to subside completely before wearing makeup. As a final note, it is preferable to use make-up and skincare that are non-chemical and not harmful to your skin in the long run.
Microneedling and PRP?
Absolutely, the combination of PRP therapy and Microneedling enhances the effects and benefits on your skin. Microneedling with PRP is a highly advanced technique that triggers collagen production and makes your skin look and feel youthful. In fact, Microneedling effect can be enhanced by applying platelet-rich plasma (PRP) into the treated skin area. This procedure is for patients who want to speed up the rejuvenation process. To accomplish microneedling with PRP, our practitioner takes a small sample of your blood and spins it in a centrifuge. Subsequently, it separates the plasma from the platelets that are then injected into your skin.
It may take several weeks after microneedling with PRP for patients to see visible improvements. Of course, results vary from an individual to the next and depend largely on your skin condition and desired outcome.
It is also known as the Vampire facial and is one of the favourite skin rejuvenation treatments for many A-list celebrities.
Microneedling in Harley Street
We hope that the above has given you a bit more information on Microneedling. For those looking to improve and get beautiful, smooth, and glowing skin then Microneedling is a great option.
All those treatments are available at Nar London, we are located in World famous Harley Street. If you live or visit London, you can give us a call on 0203 633 1980 or book a treatment or free consultation online.